Here are some useful WP Plugins.. these are some of the most useful and most popular WordPress plugins.
1. Akismet for Spam Protection: Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
2. All in One SEO Pack : It’s the alpha and omega of SEO plugins for WordPress. Automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
3. HeadSpace2: HeadSpace2 is an all-in-one meta-data manager that allows you to fine-tune the SEO potential of your site.
4. Google XML Sitemaps : Google XML Sitemaps plugin creates a Google sitemaps compliant XML- Sitemap of your WordPress blog. It’s also a must have plugin. (Btw the basic setup of this plugin is ok, you don’t have to change anything.)
5. WordPress Related Posts : WordPress Related Posts Plugin will generate a list of related posts via WordPress tags, and and this list appear usually at the end of your post.
6. WordPress Automatic upgrade : WordPress Automatic Upgrade is a plugin that automatically upgrades your WordPress version to the latest files provided by wordpress.org. It can also upgrade your plugins. You don’t have to download zip file from the site of the plugin’s author, you don’t have to unzip and upload files to your web host etc… all you have to do is click on the “upgrade now” button.
7. Sociable : Automatically add links on your posts to popular social bookmarking sites.
8. WP Super Cache: This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
9. Similar Posts: Displays a list of posts similar to the current one based on content, title and/or tags. Similar Posts displays a list of posts that are similar or related to the current posts.
10. Adsense Manager: AdSense Manager is a WordPress plugin for managing AdSense ads on your blog. It generates code automatically and allows positioning with Widgets.
11. Broken Link Checker: This plugin is will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
12. WP-Table: This plugin creates and manages tables for WordPress. So you can post i.e. sport results in a fixed table format. You don’t need to enter tables anymore in the plain text mode and the WYSIWYG editor didn’t damage the table layout. The table layout can be changed via a CSS file and you can import a CSV file as table.
Which is your personal favorite?